Become a PADI Rescue Diver!
Learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver. It’s challenging, yet very rewarding.
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
Current CPR certification is also a requirement for Rescue Diver certification. If you do not have proof of a current CPR certification, please plan on attending an Emergency First Response (EFR) course prior to the start of the Rescue Diver course.
– Rescue Diver Course Fee- $290.00
– Rental Gear, if needed – $70.00 for a full set-up or 50% off individually needed items
PADI Rescue Diver students will need to complete the following:
- Read Chapters 1-5 in the Rescue Diver Book
- Complete the corresponding Knowledge Reviews for the Chapters 1-5
- Achieve a passing grade on the Final Exam (minimum 75%)
- Attend 2 days of training (includes pool and open water)
- Attend one evening of class time
- Complete open water Rescue Scenarios (on open water day) and adequately perform all required skills
- Show proof of current CPR certification or complete the EFR course prior to the start of the Rescue Diver course
Course Cancellation/Refund Policies: $200 and/or eLearning course fees are non-refundable. Remainder of course fees may be refunded with written cancellation notices received 7 days prior to the first date of class. Class fees are non-refundable: (1) within 7 days of the first day of class, (2) in the case of no-shows, or (3) once a student has transferred to another course. Class transfers are assessed a $35 administration fee and all transfer requests must be received 7 days prior to the first date of class. Missed sessions are $150 + any additional facility fees. Additional make-up sessions may be assessed additional fees.