Course Cost: $700.00 + course materials
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemaster’s are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course.
You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) or another agencies training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may apply – ask your PADI Instructor.
Divemaster candidates are responsible for owning and providing their own personal scuba gear for the course!